Mississippi trucking association foundation scholarship application for the year 2022/2023 session. Candidates who are qualified and interested can apply for the Mississippi trucking association foundation (MTAF) scholarship application.
The deadline to Apply for the First-Semester is Tuesday, June 21, 2022: The scholarship will be awarded on a per-semester basis. To apply for your first-semester, please read and complete the following information.
Deadline to Apply for the Second-Semester is Tuesday, January 3, 2023: The second-semester is available only upon written notification by the recipient to the MTA Office of their desire to renew the scholarship. In addition, to their renewal letter, the recipient must attach a fall transcript, and course schedule for the second semester.
Please note: Scholarships are limited to a maximum of two (2) years.
The total amount of the scholarship will not exceed $2,000 per year and will be awarded in two (2) segments each year. Scholarship monies are to be used for tuition purposes only.
Mississippi Trucking Association Foundation Scholarship Award Method
An awards ceremony for the scholarship winners will be scheduled in July 2022. The scholarship checks will be awarded during the ceremony, and the winners will be responsible for taking their scholarship checks to the appropriate department at the college or university. How To Write An Award-Winning Scholarship Essay 2022/2023
Winners will be notified two weeks prior to the ceremony. This is an important ceremony to attend and you will have the opportunity to meet and thank the person responsible for your scholarship.
Mississippi Trucking Association Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
Any college freshman, sophomore, junior or senior in good standing, attending an accredited community college, four year college or university in Mississippi and in addition to the above, who falls within any of the classifications listed below, is eligible for a scholarship:
- Students who have a parent or spouse actively employed in the trucking industry.
- Students who had a parent or spouse fatally injured on the job, while employed in the trucking industry.
- Students who are planning to earn a degree in a field of study involving the trucking transportation industry.
- Students who are children or a spouse of an independent contractor affiliated with a trucking company.
- Students who have a parent actively employed with or that have a parent that was fatally injured while on the job as an Enforcement Officer of either the MS Highway Patrol Motor Carrier Division or MDOT’s Motor Carrier Division.
- Students who are currently employed in the trucking industry.
Mississippi Trucking Association Foundation Scholarship Qualification Requirement
The recipient of the scholarship must show excellent scholastic achievement, WHILE
MAINTAINING A FULL-TIME STUDENT STATUS (ENROLLED IN 12 OR MORE CREDIT HOURS, AND A 2.0 GPA PER SEMESTER). The criteria for awarding the scholarship will be based on a combination of financial need, scholastic aptitude and moral character. The scholarship will be awarded without regard to sex, race, color, national origin or religion.
WHAT VOIDS THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The scholarship will be voided on the basis of expulsion or dismissal from school, failure to maintain full-time status (taking 12 or more credit hours and a 2.0 GPA per semester), discontinuance of the education process for more than 12 consecutive months, or failure to comply with any deadlines outlined within this application. Also, the Trustees reserve the right to withdraw the scholarship at their discretion.
PLEASE NOTE: STUDENTS MUST SEND THEIR OFFICIAL FALL TRANSCRIPTS TO MTA BY TUESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2023, IN ORDER TO RENEW THEIR SCHOLARSHIPS.
NO ONLINE or UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Mississippi Trucking Association Foundation Scholarship Procedure
Scholarship applications are due in the MTA office or postmarked by Tuesday, June 21, 2022.
A potential candidate for a scholarship must provide all of the following information in order to be considered. Failure to submit any one of the below listed items results in the scholarship application not being considered.
- Send a completed application
- Send a complete OFFICIAL transcript of all high school (if upcoming freshman in college) or college courses and grades. (Anything without an OFFICIAL seal from the registrar WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED) I will also need your Fall Schedule.
- Completion of a 500-word essay in MLA Format (as outlined in Application #15)
- Provide the name, address and telephone number of the person and department within the college or university to which the scholarship check should be sent for disbursement.
- Include a professional photograph (Senior Portrait). NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT A PHOTOGRAPH!
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE MTA OFFICE BY:
TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2022
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!!