Canada Student Visa Requirement Guidelines for International Students
Canada Student Visa Requirement – Studying in Canada has always been a great thing, as their education system is awesome and top-notch. Over the years, Canada has been recorded as one of the most pleasant countries that accept international students to their country. Studying in Canada is attractive. However, one has to take the necessary steps in getting the study permit; generally, most international students apply for a study permit before coming into the country, and also international students are also allowed to apply for a student permit while in Canada.
- How To Write Scholarship Recommendation Letter 2022 – [Sample & Template]
- Best Way To Write Letter Of Intent For Scholarship Application – 2022
- UK Student Visa Requirement Guidelines for International Students
- USA Student Visa Requirement Guidelines for International Students
- Australia Student Visa Requirement Guidelines for International Students
- How To Write An Award-Winning Scholarship Essay 2022/2023
- Scholarship Requirements In Canada for International Students
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW CANADA STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENT
- Studying In Canada Is Relatively Cheap: Canada is one the most sought-after countries when thinking of studying abroad. Tuition fees in Canada are relatively cheap compared to other countries. Tuition fees in Canada range from $12,000 to $18,000. All you need to do is to make research on that and be familiar with the tuition fees of different schools.
- The weather: If you are aspiring to study in Canada, be prepared to live in cold weather for a long period of time. There is a need to get the necessary wears like waterproof winter boots, winter jackets, hats, gloves, and scarves. There are times that the winter will delay transportation, so mastering a surviving skill is an added advantage.
- Acceptance Rate Is High: Acceptance into the Canadian university is quite flexible. Most courses in Canadian universities require mainly high school diplomas, with only a few exceptions in programs like medicine and law, which requires basic undergraduate study in Canada.
- Canada’s Official Language: Canada has two official languages, English and French. However, cities like Quebec speak French. Don’t be surprised to hear them speak only French. So if you want to study in Canada, it is good that you speak these languages.
- Scholarship Available For International Student In Canada: There are several scholarships available for foreign students in Canada, and they include; Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships, York University International Student Scholarship Program, and University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students.
- Canada Student Visa: In Canadian universities, there are short-term courses and long-term courses. Suppose you need to get a study permit that will be dependent on the duration of your course. If your program is a short-term program that can be completed within the space of six months, you may not necessarily need a Study Permit.
CANADA STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS
If you’re planning to study in Canada and you’re yet to process your visa, these are the requirements needed. Take note of the following
- Valid Passport: Anyone who wants to travel abroad should have a valid passport, and that is non-negotiable. However, when it comes to studying as an international student, your passport validity must cover your intended period of stay in Canada. The passport validity must not expire before your intended time of stay.
- Proof Of Acceptance: You would need the school acceptance letter from a designated learning institute that is recognized by the immigration department of the country. In case you are applying for Quebec, you would also need a CAQ, which would be duly notified. So an acceptance letter is very important.
- Proof Of Funds: While applying for a visa, they would request your proof of payment of tuition fees. Moreover, you’d have to show proof that you have enough funds to pay your tuition fees as well as living expenses.
- Passport Size Photographs: When applying for a study permit online, you’d be requested to upload passport size photographs of not more than four MB and 35mm – 45mm. It is advisable to follow all instructions appropriately.
- Statement Of Purpose: A statement of purpose is more like a letter of intent. It is an essay that states the purpose of your trip to Canada and the reason for choosing this particular institution.
- Academic Certificates: You will need to get all certificates from the previous institutions you have attended. You can also get transcripts and other proof that you have attended other schools prior to your application.
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME): There’s a need to provide a medical report when applying for a visa. This report contains your medical history, and there are several registered hospitals for immigration Medical Examination.
- Flight Reservation: Also, you need to present a flight ticket reservation. This should show the airline, date, and time of arrival in Canada.
- Hotel Reservations: If your school does not have any plans for accommodation, you should present a confirmation for a hotel reservation.
CANADA STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR 2022
Requirements for Canada Student Visa have always been the same each year, but ever since 2020, there have been few changes due to the pandemic. There’s a need to take the COVID-19 vaccines and also undergo a COVID-19 test before applying for a study permit, as the test result will be required. Also, proof of taking the vaccine will be required.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE (SOP) FOR CANADA STUDENT VISA
SOP is an official document that contains 1000-1500 words of essay needed to apply for a student visa in Canada. It is an official document that highlights student academic and professional recognitions, career goal, and the driving force that motivate the student to choose a particular institution. SOP helps the admission panel to evaluate your expectations, goals, subject knowledge, and vision for the future. It explains your desire to the admission panel and the reasons why they should choose you over other applicants to study in Canada.
Tips For Writing SOP;
- Reasons for choosing to study in Canada: The first paragraph should clearly state why you chose Canada to study among other countries. Do your research well about Canada, their job scenario, work opportunities with studies, their research-based teaching approach, and other aspects that can endure the attention of the admission committee.
- Reason For Your Choice Of institution: Give a summary of the reason you chose the particular institution. There are so many top institutions in Canada, so you need to tell the reason for choosing a specific college for your studies. You can include prominent features like rating of the university, recruitment process, advanced infrastructure, tuition fees, and other reasons that have made you choose the particular university.
- Talk About Your Academic Background: To check for your eligibility for this particular course, the admission panel will look for your training Certificates. So ensure you give a detailed explanation of your training in your essay.
- Tell your prospects: Shifting to a foreign country is a life-changing decision. Therefore you need to tell the admission officers about your plans after finishing your study. Tell them how enthusiastic you are for your future and you have set your eyes on your goal. This aspect is quite important as it gives the admission panel a great impression of you.
CANADA STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENT APPLICATION
There are four stages involved in obtaining a student visa in Canada. They are;
- Eligibility Status: Every country and institution has eligibility requirements. Ensure that you meet all the requirements ranging from acceptance letter, and proof of funds to other necessary documents depending on the country of your choice.
- Begin The Application Itself: If you meet up all eligibility requirements, ensure that you have gathered all documents required for your country. Immigration officers reserve the right to refuse study permits if they feel an applicant has not met all requirements, so it is valuable to have a qualified immigration representative review your application prior to submission.
- Submit Your Application: Submit an electronic application by creating an account on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website, and you can submit an application electronically using scanned or electronic copies of documents.
- Prepare For Your Trip To Canada: Once your Canadian study permit is approved, then come to Canada. Please note that your study permit will be handed over to you once you arrive in the country.
CANADA STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENT WITH SPOUSE
There are times that candidates will be willing to bring their spouse, and it is advisable that the applicants should include that in their SOP reasons. So all of this will be put into consideration before approving your study permit. If a foreign applicant’s study permit has been approved in Canada with their spouse accompanying, then the spouse will be eligible to apply for a spousal open work permit. This work permit will authorize the spouse to work full-time for any employer in Canada for the same period as their partner’s study permit.
Applicants can also bring their dependent children; If a foreign applicant’s study permit has been approved in Canada with their dependent child accompanying, then the child will be issued a visa authorizing their stay in Canada for the same period as the primary applicant’s permit. All minor children are entitled to pursue education at the pre-school, primary, or secondary level of study, provided one of their parents is authorized to work or study in Canada.